For Immediate Release â€“ November 9, 2013
Contact: Kevin Brannon â€“ [email protected]
State Representative Jeff Leach Files for Re-Election
PLANO â€“Today State Representative Jeff Leach officially filed his paperwork to run for re-election to the Texas House of Representatives and continue his service and commitment to the citizens of House District 67. During his first term in the 83rd Legislature, Leach built a strong conservative record of reducing the size and scope of government and fighting to promote and protect our pro-family, Texas values.
Upon filing, Representative Leach stated, â€śServing as an advocate for the great people of District 67 is the honor of a lifetime.Â More than ever I am committed to continuing my service on their behalf in the Texas House of Representatives by promoting free-market, fiscally responsible policies that will keep Texas on its solid path towards economic prosperity and fighting for the Texas values of faith, family and freedom that we hold so dear.â€ť
During his first term in the Texas House, Leach successfully authored and passed legislation limiting the reckless expansion of Medicaid under Obamacare â€“ a landmark provision that will protect the strength and viability of the Texas economy for future generations to come.Â Â Additionally, Leach authored and passed legislation offering substantial tax relief for small business owners in Texas, ultimately broadening our stateâ€™s tax base while encouraging stable job growth in Texas.Â Â Among other significant accomplishments, Leach Co-Authored House Bill 2 – a monumental pro-life bill that will protect womenâ€™s health and save countless human lives. Leach also Co-Authored House Bill 5, which substantially reforms our stateâ€™s public education system, as well as Co-Authoring vital legislation providing fiscally responsible solutions to critical water and transportation infrastructure problems facing Texas.
Leachâ€™s list of accolades from the 83rd Legislative Session include:
- Named â€śTaxpayer Championâ€ť by Texans for Fiscal Responsibility
- Recognized as a â€śCourageous Conservativeâ€ť by the Texas Conservative Coalition
- Awarded the â€śFree Enterprise Championâ€ť recognition by the Texas Association of Business
- Received the â€śConservative Leader Awardâ€ť from the Texas Conservative Roundtable
- Recognized as â€śBest of the Dallas-areaâ€™s Freshmen Class,â€ť by the Dallas Morning News
- Acknowledged as â€śBest Freshmen Legislator,â€ť by Capitol Inside
- 100% Rating from Concerned Women of America
- â€śPerfect Pro Life Recordâ€ť from Texas Right to Life
- Endorsed for Re-Election by 80% of House District 67 Republican Precinct Chairs
Representative Leach serves on the House Committee on Criminal Jurisprudence, the House Committee on Urban Affairs and the House Committee on Rules and Resolutions.Â Â Additionally, Leach was elected by his colleagues to serve on the Policy Committee of the Texas House Republican Caucus, which meets regularly during the legislation session to discuss and analyze legislation and to make official policy recommendations to the members of the House Republican Caucus.Â Leach represents portions of Plano, Allen, Richardson and Dallas in Collin County.