5th Annual Christmas Open House & Charity Drive
This year we are thrilled to support the Agape Resource & Assistance Center through our annual Christmas Open House & Charity Drive. Based in Plano, Agape helps women, mothers and their children facing situational homelessness. With the help of case workers and counselors, women and children typically stay with Agape from six months to a year, during which they gain the skills, strength and stability for self-sufficiency.
There are many needs at Agape that you can assist with. One way is to help replenish their Christmas 365 Gift Card Inventory, and help with their “Bed in a Bag” Collection. Here are some examples:
- Walmart gift cards in denominations of $25 or less – at Walmart, the families can get most of their day-to-day needs, including clothes, medicine, food, toiletries, tires, batteries, etc.
- Master/Visa gift cards in denominations of $50 or less – these would be for car repairs, doctor & dental appointments, and other essentials that some of Agape’s mothers cannot afford, and are neglected as a result.
- Cinemark gift cards for Family Nights and Progress Incentives – these are so very special to families, especially during the holidays!
- To assist with the “Bed in a Bag” collection, you may provide a set of twin sheets, a soft blanket and a pillow. Through this special program, each member at Agape would then get to keep their bedding when they graduate from the program. Children love having their own sheets and pillow!
- Most kids at Agape are between the ages of 4-15 and an equal mix of boys and girls. They would appreciate any new, unwrapped age-appropriate gifts.
We are delighted to be able to partner with this amazing charity! To learn more about Agape, visit www.hope4agape.com. Please RSVP below to let us know if you can make it!